Your network must be Strong, Deep & Broad for your business to continually grow and thrive.
I want you for a moment to think about your word of mouth marketing team. Ask yourself the following questions;
- Who’s in your Word of mouth marketing team?
- Off the top of your head can you name one of their goals in their personal life, or their business?
- Can you think of how you might help them achieve those goals?
When you help someone meet a goal, you instantly become a value added friend. You’ve demonstrated reciprocity and caring. You’ve nourished the relationship and deepened the roots of your network.
Here are afew ways you can deepen the roots of your network while becoming a value added friend:
- Build quiality relationships. We’re all busy, however you have to go beyond normal business interactions with those who’s support you seek. Invite people who’s support you want to social events like a BBQ, or dinner.
- Don’t just show up. Just showing up isn’t good enough in a relationship. You’ve got to build credibility before you can expect help in return.
- Start by giving. Stop asking “What’s in it for me” and start asking “What can I do for you”. This is probably the most powerful tool to creating a strong network. Get to the point where your networking partners always know you have something to give them. Be Valuable!
Building a solid network takes time. Years in fact. The best time to start using these strategy was years ago, however the next best time is now.
Action: How to become a Value-Added Friend
Choose 1 person who you have a strong relationship with and ask them;
- What would you like to accomplish with your business this year?
- What are your challenges this year?
- What is standing in the way of you meeting your goals?
- How can I help you?
- What do you need to help you be successful?
Use the answers to these questions to be a value added friend, and help your referral partner.
George Samartzis – The Spotted Dog, Website Development